Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 8 cups of quaker squares-brown sugar cereal
- 1 (3 ounce) can chow mein noodles
- 1 1⁄2 cups cashews or 1 1⁄2 cups peanuts
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Heat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Combine the first 3 ingredients in a 13x9 pan; set aside.
- Combine remaining 4 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Quickly pour over the cereal mixture and stir to coat.
- Bake 1 hour; stirring every 20 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy!
We enjoyed this cashew crunch, but with the ratio of ingredients we thought it was more sweet than savory. I added additional garlic powder to cut some of the sweetness and it worked for us. I plan to make this again, but will use Rice Chex instead of the brown-sugar cereal.