Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I make these with all organic/ natural ingredients. They taste just like they came out of a box, and the cupcakes have no egg and no dairy so they are a nice treat for anyone with allergies. For the best flavor use extra virgin coconut oil. I served these at my 5 year olds birthday party, along with store bought brownies. We brought most of the brownies home, the cupcakes were all gone :)
- 709.77 ml flour
- 473.18 ml sugar (evaporated cane juice or raw cane sugar works)
- 118.29 ml cocoa
- 4.92 ml salt
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 158.51 ml coconut oil, melted (or other vegetable oil)
- 473.18 ml warm water
- 29.58 ml vinegar
- 14.78 ml vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml heavy whipping cream
- 59.14 ml powdered sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add oil, water, vinegar and vanilla.
- Fill well greased mini muffin tins 2/3 full with mixture. Or use cupcake papers for easier removal, and nicer presentation.
- Bake 10-15 minutes. Until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, beat whipping cream and powdered sugar in small bowl at high speed, until stiff peaks form. Gently stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Top cooled cupcakes with icing and serve, or refrigerate until needed.
This recipe was so delicious. Very moist! I made in regular size cupcakes. Made about 20. Probably baked 15-20 minutes. Made with a cream cheee frosting. Huge hit at my son's birthday party. NOw to find an organic vanilla one too...
I made these exactly as described and they were amazing. The only thing i changed was I added beet root that I dehydrated the night before and ground up, to the frosting as it was mixing. I was looking for the blood red colour - without the chemicals, thank you very much! Turned out amazing and was so light and fluffy. Picture attached (12 red/pink cupcakes with eyeballs all over, halloween treats)
Made these cupcakes for a party, BEST healthy organic cupcakes I have ever made/had. Thank you so much for posting this recipe. Healthy but doesn't sacrifice any flavor at all, and you can eat them without feeling the regret of ingesting GMOs