Prep 1 hr
Cook 35 mins
Outrageous Brownies with a twist. Rich, yum and a real crowd pleaser. Can freeze and have some for unexpected company. Enjoy. Lolly
- 473.18 ml butter
- 453.59 g semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 170.09 g unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 6 eggs
- 44.37 ml instant coffee granules
- 29.58 ml vanilla
- 532.32 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml flour
- 59.14 ml flour
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 946.36 ml Oreo cookies, chopped up (50 cookies)
- Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 350°. Butter and flour an 11 1/2" x 17 1/4" x 1" baking pan.
- In a heatproof medium bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water, heat butter, chocolate chips and unsweetened chocolate until melted and smooth. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, coffee, vanilla and sugar. Blend chocolate mixture into egg mixture; cool to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, sift together one cup flour, baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture. In a small bowl, stir Oreos and remaining 1/4 cup flour. Add Oreo mixture to chocolate mixture. Pour batter into baking pan and smooth top with a rubber spatula.
- Bake 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted 3 inches from center comes out clean; DO NOT OVER BAKE -- Allow to cool. Refrigerate, tightly wrapped, until cold; cut into squares.
I have to give these five stars because my chocolate-wary husband (crazy, I know) thought they were great! These are super moist - I baked mine for 25 minutes and probably could have stopped at 20 minutes. For my own tastes, I might go with half as much coffee next time and/or use milk chocolate chips, maybe "double stuff" oreos. Thanks for sharing!
I actuallly made these for my son's fiance who is a lover or Oreo cookies and chocolate, I got to taste just a small end, and let me tell you, these are some extreme brownies! I mean how could you go wrong with so much chocolate and Oreo cookies! The only change I would make next time is to cut back on the sugar slightly, just personal preference. I plan on making these again for the holidays, thank you Lolly, these are totally wonderful!....Kitten:)