Barefoot Contessa's Outrageous Oreo Crunch Brownies
These are legendary and full of sin.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 2 cups butter
- 1 lb semi-sweet chocolate chips (original recipe calls for 28 oz., I feel that is too much but I will leave that up to you)
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups chopped Oreo cookies (50 cookies)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Butter and flour an 11" X 17" pan (I used a 9 X 13 and had thicker brownies).
- In a heat-proof medium bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water, heat butter, chocolate chips and unsweetened chocolate until melted and smooth. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, coffee, vanilla and sugar.
- Blend chocolate mixture into egg mixture; cool to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, sift together one cup flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture. In a small bowl, stir Oreos and remaining 1/4 cup flour.
- Add Oreo mixture to chocolate mixture.
- Pour batter into baking pan and smooth top with a rubber spatula.
- Bake 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted 3-inches from center comes out clean; do not overbake.
- Allow to cool. refrigerate, tightly wrapped, until cold; cut into squares.
- Share them with your friends and they will be forever indebted to you!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation