Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe one of the girls at the hospital used to bring to our potlucks. We all loved it--it's a real good summer treat.
- 46 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 gallon ice cream
- 1 (8 ounce) carton Cool Whip
- 1 (16 ounce) can chocolate syrup
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Combine cookie crumbs and butter in a bowl, mixing well.
- Press into 9x14-inch pan.
- Slice ice cream and press over cookie mixture.
- Spread with Cool Whip.
- Drizzle with chocolate syrup and top with pecans.
- Freeze until firm.
I loved slicing the ice cream!! Who knew it could be so easy to make a dessert? I toasted my pecans before putting them on top. This was great and easy. There wasn't a bite left! Kids and adults loved it.