Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 -2 lb meaty chicken piece, skinned
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 large tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pitted ripe olives
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, snipped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, snipped or 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine or 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 medium sweet green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Lightly coat a nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook chicken over medium heat about 15 minutes or until light brown, turning once, reduce heat.
- Place the garlic, half of the lemon slices, half of the tomato, the olives, onion, parsley and oregano over chicken pieces in the skillet.
- Sprinkle with ground red pepper.
- Add the wine and the cup broth.
- Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Add the remaining tomato and the sweet peppers.
- Cook, uncovered for 5 to 10 minutes more or until sweet peppers are crisp-tender and chicken is tender and no longer pink.
- Transfer the chicken and vegetables to a platter.
- Garnish with remaining lemon slices.
Hey! I am so glad that I was finally able to make this! It was the very first recipe I ever added to my cookbook! Well, I chose a good one because this was delicious, and so easy to prepare. I used 2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts. For the parsley, I had to use dried parsley flakes (a proportional amount). Since I did use the "maximum" amount of chicken, I put a little bit more of each seasoning and spice into the dish so to not lose any flavor. To cut cooking time, I cooked the green and red peppers in 1/4 cup or so of chicken broth in the microwave for a little while. When everything was finished, I sprinkled the chicken breasts with some salt and pepper. It was great! Thank you so much for sharing!