Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Something different to serve with pork, chicken and maybe fish. From Cook's Illustrated.
Make and share this Orange Salsa With Cuban Flavors recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 5 oranges, peeled and segmented, each segment quartered crosswise
- 1⁄2 red onion, minced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 jalapeno, stemmed and minced (about 3 tbsp)
- 2 tablespoons juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh minced parsley or 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano leaves
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in small nonreactive bowl.