Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe was submitted by Christina Lewis in today's Thursday magazine. It looks wonderfully easy to make. I'm sure it's good. It would make a nice gift too!
- 125 g all-purpose flour (maida)
- 75 g butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- 4 tablespoons mixed fruit
- 100 g sugar
- Beat eggs in a bowl, one at a time, until light and fluffy.
- Use cold eggs as eggs tend to separate best when cold.
- Cream in sugar.
- Add butter; mix well.
- Add flour and baking powder; mix well.
- Add juice and 2 tbsps of the mixed fruit and continue to mix.
- Grease a cake tin.
- Spread out the remaining 2 tbsps of mixed fruit in the ring-shaped baking tin/pan.
- Add the cake mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes in an electric oven at 100°C or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Unmold from pan.
- Allow to cool completely on wire rack.
- Cut and serve with tea for a delicious snack!