Fried Chicken Batter
Perfect for deep frying chicken, shrimp, fish and making onion rings! I'm sure it's a popular recipe but it is a variation of one a fish n chip shop in New Zealand used.
- Ready In:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons creole seasoning
- salt & pepper
- oil (for deep frying)
- Take four bowls
- Put 1 c milk in Bowl 1.
- Seperate the flour into 2 c and 1 cup.
- Combine Creole seasoning and 2 cups of flour to make Bowl 2.
- Add beaten eggs to make bowl 3.
- Combine Salt and Pepper with 1 c of flour to make bowl 4.
- In that order, dip chicken (or whatever you will fry)shaking off excess after each dip.
- Deep fry as per the deep fryer instructions. Usually about 4-6 minutes at 350.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
On 4/29/09 I was looking for a chicken recipe,and came across this one. Despite the 2 star review, I took a chance with the recipe. I cut 5 chicken breast halves into strips, and continued with the recipe.For the creole seasoning, Recipe#232949 was used.I do agree with the previous poster about the seasoning, needs just a bit more of the creole but nothing more. Instead of deep frying, the strips were pan fried in vegetable oil over medium heat. This will be made again, but next time with more seasoning. Thanks for posting and, "Keep Smiling :)"Reply
see 3 more