Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
For Aussie World Tour 8; nice pancakes.
Make and share this Orange Ricotta Pancakes With Orange Honey Syrup recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal, fine
- 1⁄4 cup water, boiling
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 orange, zest of 1/2 orange here and 1/2 in syrup
- 1 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pour boiling water over corn meal; they said corn flour. I just whirred corn meal in a food processor until finer flour.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Whisk together wet ingredients; add cornmeal, egg, milk, lemon juice.
- Add to dry ingredients.
- Add zest to ricotta (I used 1 teaspoon dried orange zest).
- Fold in mixture.
- Fry in silver dollar size pancakes with butter; they will stick easily and burn fast.
- Meanwhile boil together syrup. The original recipe boiled a vanilla bean but I substituted vanilla in it; your choice. I just used honey and butter great stuff.