Recipe by looneytunesfan
This refreshing dessert will disappear in a hurry at your next get-together.
- 1 (4 5/8 ounce) package vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 loaves angel food cake
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare pudding according to package directions; set aside.
- In a small sauce-pan, sprinkle gelatin over orange juice; let stand for 1 minute.
- Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Stir into pudding.
- Add orange peel.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until cooled.
- Cut one angel food cake in half width-wise.
- Save one half for another use.
- Cut remaining half into eight slices.
- Cut second loaf into 16 slices.
- Arrange half of the cake slices in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. dish.
- Fold whipped cream into pudding; spread half over the cake slices.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or until set.