Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
I prepare this in an angel food tube pan..
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange extract
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 oranges, zest of
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- preheat oven to 350*.cream butter and sugar, add eggs, one at a time.and beat well after each.
- gently beat in remaining ingredients --
- bake in a greased and floured tube pan.for 45 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- cool in pan 10 minutes --
- turn out and place top side up --
- prepare GLAZE:.
- combine all glaze ingredients and pour over warm cake ( I let cake cool about 15 minutes) --
- as cake cools even further.I occasionally spoon glaze over the top and sides -- .