Orange Pound Cake
A lovely citrusy poundcake from Moosewood New Classics.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 2 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange extract
- 6 eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pure orange extract
- 2 -3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F; butter and flour a 10-inch bundt pan.
- With an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar.
- Beat in the orange extract and the eggs.
- Add 2 cups of the flour and beat well.
- Add the orange juice and beat.
- In a separate bowl, or measuring cup, stir the baking powder into the remaining 2 cups flour.
- Add to the batter and beat well.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared bundt pan and bake until the cake pulls away from the sides of the pan and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 60 to 75 minutes.
- Cool the cake in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes.
- Invert onto a serving plate, leaving the pan on top so the cake holds its shape.
- Cool for another 10-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the glaze.
- Sstir the orange extract and the orange juice into the sugar with a fork, adding the orange juice a tablespoon at a time. Use just enough to produce a thick, smooth mixture.
- Spread the glaze over the cake with a pastry brush while the cake is still warm or drizzle it on in a lacy pattern.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 9 more