Recipe by foxysnana
One of our favourite pork chop recipes. Sweet and orange-y. We like to serve this with rice.
Top Review by Julz In The Kitchen
I was leery of this recipe, but took a chance because I wanted something different. This was a definite pleaser with me and my husband, but my daughter didn't care for it (big surprise). We will be making this again! Already gave you props on FB! lol
- 4 pork chops (I prefer boneless center loin chops)
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium orange
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 12 whole cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In greased skillet, over high heat, cook pork chops until well browned on both sides.
- Add next 3 ingredients and 1 tsp salt; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat to low; cover; simmer about 35 minutes, turning once.
- Meanwhile, prepare orange sauce: grate 1 T.
- peel from stem end of orange; then from other end, cut 4 thin slices; set aside.
- In saucepan over medium-high heat, cook orange peel, orange juice, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, cloves and salt until thickened, stirring.
- Add orange slices; cover; remove from heat and keep warm.
- To serve, top pork chops with orange sauce.
- Use orange slices as a garnish.