Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
Orange flavored waffles. I found this recipe in a Round Waffle Bakers leaflet. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting this for safe keeping. This recipe did not give serving size or cook time. When I made this recipe I used Splenda in place of the sugar, the butter, I only used the grated zest of one orange, I also added 1 scoop of protein powder. I thought these were a bit heavy, so is the batter and when I scooped out the batter due to it being so thick I had to spread it. When I made these waffles I got 6 square waffles. Overall I thought these had great flavor.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup melted margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- Place all dry ingredients in large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, juice and butter, mix until well blended.
- Add nuts and grated orange peel.