This recipe, suprisingly easy, is a great hit for those who like fruit and nuts in a salad. It's wonderfully light, slightly tangy, and a flexible recipe -- you can easily add cooked chicken to it and make it a dinner salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges
- 1/8 teaspoon dried parsley flakes or 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1Mix together in a salad bowl the lettuce, onions, celery, oranges, and parsley.
- 2Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat; combine nuts and sugar in the skillet and toss quickly.
- 3Continue stirring until the sugar is melted; remove from heat and add to the salad.
- 4Mix the dressing with a whisk and pour over the salad; mix and serve.
- 5In a salad bowl, mix together the lettuce, onions, celery, oranges, and parsley.
- 6Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat; combine nuts and sugar in the skillet and toss quickly.
- 7Continue stirring until the sugar is melted; remove from heat and add to the salad.
- 8Mix the dressing with a whisk and pour over the salad; toss and serve.
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Pecan Salad
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 309.4
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 229.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 20.9 g
- Protein 3.7 g