Recipe by Recipe Junkie
Another recipe from the church cookbook from the thrift store. These sound heavenly!
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons oil or 3 tablespoons melted shortening
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix or 2 cups jiffy pancake mix
- whipped cream cheese, to serve with pancakes and sauce
- 1 (20 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cinnamon stick
Directions See How It's Made
- For Cherry Sauce:.
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and heat.
- Serve warm when pancakes are ready.
- For Pancakes:.
- Combine eggs, milk, orange juice, oil and orange rind in a large bowl.
- Add pancake mix.
- Beat until large large lumps disappear.
- Bake on hot griddle.
- Top with spiced cherry sauce and whipped cream cheese.