1/2 Photos of Orange Pancakes With Orange Sauce
A perfect treat for a weekend brunch. It makes a nice presentation and is also very tasty. Three pancakes are stacked with layers of ricotta cheese between them and served with a warm orange sauce. Adapted from The New American Diet Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 egg whites or 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 1/4 cup orange juice, plus
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1For the sauce, mix the cornstarch, orange rind, orange juice and honey in a small saucepan.
- 2Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened.
- 3Remove from heat and stir in the butter until melted.
- 4Add orange sections to the sauce just before serving.
- 5For the pancakes, combine the flour, baking powder and orange rind.
- 6In a seperate bowl, stir together the egg white or egg substitute, honey, milk, orange juice and oil.
- 7Stir wet ingredients into the dry just until moistened.
- 8On a well seasoned griddle that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray bake 3 pancakes; using 1/3 of pancake mixture for each.
- 9To assemble, spread 1/2 the ricotta cheese on top of first and second pancake topping with small amount of warm orange syrup.
- 10Top stack with final pancake and pour remaining warm sauce over all.
- 11Cut into fourths and serve.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Pancakes With Orange Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (374 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 525.8
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 33.9 mg
- Sodium 350.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 45.0 g
- Protein 20.3 g