Recipe by Chickee
Based on a recipe from Women's Weekly's "Fresh" TV show.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Wasn't sure if I was gonna be able to find orange cream-filled biscuits, but finally did & was able to make this great-tasting cheesecake! Except for using a very generous measure of orange zest, I pretty much followed the recipe, & the first serving was with a side of homemade cranberry sauce that I find goes well with most everything! Thanks for sharing this great keeper recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my groupmates in the AUs/NZ Recipe Swap #37]
- 250 g orange cream sandwich biscuits, chopped
- 50 g unsalted butter, melted
- 4 (250 g) packets cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 300 ml thickened cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- white chocolate curls, to decorate
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 160°C/140°C (fan forced). Grease a 24cm round spring form pan.
- Line base and side of pan with baking paper, extending paper 4cm above edge of pan. Place onto an oven tray.
- Process biscuits and butter in a food processor until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Press over base of prepared pan and chill for 15 minutes.
- To make filling, process cream cheese, sugar and cream in a food processor until smooth.
- Add eggs and zest, and process until combined; pour mixture over biscuit base.
- Cook for 45 minutes, or until just set. Turn oven off and leave to cool in oven for 1½ hours. Refrigerate overnight.