Recipe by Lavender Lynn
My Mom loved orange muffins. This is her own recipe.2/24/08 Added more milk and orange juice.
Top Review by eeshie820
I was skeptical of orange muffins, but I made this recipe to use up some orange juice that was close to the expiration date. The muffins turned out amazing! I reduced the sugar in the recipe to about 1/3 cup but then sprinkled raw sugar and finely chopped almonds on top. I'll definitely make these again.
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon orange peel
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend shortening and sugar.
- Add eggs and beat.
- Stir in orange peel, juice, and milk.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Add dry ingredients to other ingredients.
- Stir just until mixed together.
- Pour into greased muffin cups.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 25-30 minutes, watching carefully.