Fresh Orange Muffins
- Ready In:
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, grated
- 2⁄3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine the dry ingredients. Mix in the orange rind, juice, melted butter and eggs till well blended but don't overmix. Stir in the walnuts if desired-I don't usually use them.
- Pour into 12 greased or paper lined muffin cups.
- Combine the topping ingredients and sprinkle on top of each muffin.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or until set.
- Serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a stay at home mom with 3 adorable children-an 8 year old daredevil son, a 5 1/2 year old princess and a wild little 2 year old girl! I love to cook, and like having my little helpers in the kitchen! I usually love recipes that are completely from scratch (I still love them actually) but right now my focus is on having any kind of food ready by mealtime! It's a little crazy here lately. Every summer we have a huge organic garden, apple orchard and raspberry and blueberry patches, along with a woods full of wild foods waiting for me to learn what they are so I can collect them. I'm learning about wild mushrooms first, so if anyone has any tips, let me know. We also eat wild venison which my husband and I hunt ourselves. It's our favorite meat, since it's lean, organic and cheap! Some of my hobbies are: hiking, biking, rock climbing, gardening, playing in the water with my kids, or just swinging in the hammock with a good book. I go stir crazy if I spend too much time inside.