Lavender and Fresh Blueberry Muffins
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup raw sugar
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon dried lavender, crushed using a pestle and mortar (or 1 tablespoon fresh lavender, finely minced)
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (if using frozen blueberries, thaw first) or 1 cup frozen blueberries (if using frozen blueberries, thaw first)
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.
- Combine the first four dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the lemon juice with milk and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the wet ingredients including the lemon zest, lavender and blueberries to the milk/lemon juice mixture.
- Gradually stir wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until all dry ingredients are moistened. DO NOT overstir.
- Bake 25-30 minutes. Cool completely before removing from pan.
- Makes 12 muffins.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!