The Best Blueberry Muffins
photo by Anonymous
- Ready In:
- Heat oven to 375º. Grease 12 regular muffin cups, including the area between each cup. I grease my cupcake liners too.
- In a medium bowl, beat butter until creamy. Beat in the sugar until pale and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in vanilla, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix mashed berries into batter.
- Fold in half the flour with a spatula, then half the milk. Add the remaining flour and milk. Fold in remaining blueberries.
- Scoop batter into muffin cups. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Let muffins cool at least 30 minutes in the pan before removing.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Great muffins! I used 2/3 cup Splenda, 1/3 cup sugar and l cup whole wheat pastry flour and 1 cup all-purpose flour. I left the berries whole and used egg-beaters as I was out of eggs. They came out high, soft and delicious. I sprinkles the tops with sugar and nutmeg, just to get if a little crust and a little spice. Thanks, Carole in Orlando