These are the best blueberry muffins ever!This is my grandmother's recipe, loaded with blueberries and so moist. Everyone always loves them!
- Ready In:
- 2 whole oranges, washed and cut into pieces
- 2⁄3 cup margarine or 2/3 cup Crisco shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 cups wild blueberries, thawed and well-drained
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Lightly grease muffin cups or spray with cooking spray.
- Place orange pieces in blender and blend until finely chopped.
- Add margarine, eggs, and milk and blend until well mixed.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Make a well in center and add orange mixture, stirring just until moistened.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Fill muffin cups and bake for 22-25 minutes or until golden.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan before removing.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
These muffins are to die for. I sampled the raw batter and could have devoured the whole bowl.I had some oranges in the fridge that needed using up. I will try anything once. I plan on trying your http://www.recipezaar.com/197962 Cranberry Chocolate mini loaves next.. Definitely glad I stumbled onto these recips.Reply