Healthy Fresh Cranberry Orange Coconut Muffins
photo by Outta Here
- Ready In:
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 1⁄2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup coconut flour
- 1⁄4 cup oat bran
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄3 cup coconut butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup pepitas (raw hulled pumpkin seeds)
- turbinado sugar, for sprinkling on top before baking
- NOTE: If not using coconut flour then you can probably use ½ cup of OJ. Coconut flour requires more liquid.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line muffin tins with paper cups. – I love the new parchment ones they have in grocery stores now.
- In a bowl, stir together cranberries & regular sugar.
- In a large bowl sift together flours, oat bran, coconut flakes, baking powder, salt and brown sugar.
- Whisk eggs, OJ, and melted butter and then add to dry ingredients all at once and stir until moistened.
- Fold in sugared cranberries.
- Scoop into prepared muffins liners evenly .
- Sprinkle desired amount of Turbinado sugar on top of each.
- Bake at 400F for 20 minutes or until lightly brown and toothpick comes out cleanly.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!