Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another yummy sounding recipe from 24 hour fitness that I'm putting here for safe keeping. Not being a brown rice fan, I will use jasmine rice when I make it!
- 118.29 ml orange juice, divided
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 473.18 ml cooked brown rice
- 44.37 ml fresh ginger, grated
- 9.85 ml dried parsley
- 1.23 ml dried thyme
- 4 (453.59 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1.23 ml cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat 1 tablespoon orange juice in small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook in orange juice until soft, stirring frequently.
- Add rice, ginger, parsley and thyme and mix well.
- Spray a square baking dish (8x8x2 inches) with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spoon rice mixture into baking dish.
- Place chicken breasts over rice mixture.
- Pour remaining orange juice over rice mixture, sprinkle with cinnamon, cover and bake 30 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake another 15-20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
We did not like this recipe. The orange flavor was too intense in the rice, not enough flavor on the chicken. We really did not care for the cinnamon either. My husband said the ginger flavor was too intense and my son said it tasted like he was eating spiced cider.