Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I found this recipe in a book aptly entitled Old Fashioned Favorite Recipes of All Time. This makes a very moist and attractive bundt cake.
- 3⁄4 cup Miracle Whip
- 18 1⁄2 ounces yellow cake mix
- 1 1⁄3 ounces Dream Whip topping mix (1 packet of Dream Whip)
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon multicolored candy sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat salad dressing, cake mix, whipped topping mix, juice, eggs and grated orange peel at medium speed with electric mixer for 2 minutes. Pour into greased and floured 10-inch bundt pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes; remove from pan. Cool.
- Stir together powdered sugar and mil until smooth. Drizzle over cake, Decorate with sprinkles.
Made this at work today as an activity with my seniors. We opted to make cupcakes instead of the cake in order to get down to the eating part a bit faster, and boy was the eating good. 10 stars for a moist, melt in your mouth delicious treat. Thanks so much for sharing.
This bundt cake is the way a cake should be -- moist and tender. I've never made a cake with mayo and Dream Whip before, but they must be the "secret ingredients" that take this over the top. We all loved the orangey taste and I'll be making it again. I'm going to add some orange juice and orange zest to the glaze next time to enhance the delicious citrusy taste of this cake. Thanks for posting this recipe our family enjoyed so much.
This was great - my mother loves Dreamsicles, and she really liked this cake a lot. It is tender and has a nice orange flavor.