Cook2 hrs 30 mins
A lighter version of the Creamsicle Cake. We can finally have our cake and eat it too! Can't remember where this originated but I have served this at family dinners without anyone suspecting it was low fat. Made as presented this is 4 points per piece. Cooking time includes chilling time.
- 18 1⁄4 ounces orange cake mix (1 box)
- 10 fluid ounces diet orange soda
- 2 egg whites
- 6 ounces sugar-free orange gelatin, divided (2 pkgs)
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup cold water
- 3 1⁄2 ounces fat-free sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces Cool Whip Free, thawed
- Mix Cake mix, soda and egg whites together.
- Pour batter into a 9 X 13 inch pan.
- Bake as directed on box.
- When done, use a meat fork to poke holes across the top of the entire cake.
- Allow cake to cool.
- In a medium bowl, mix together 1 box of the orange gelatin, 1 cup hot water and 1 cup cold water.
- Pour gelatin mixture over top of cake.
- Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, mix remaining box of jello, vanilla pudding mix, nonfat milk, and vanilla together. Beat well.
- Fold whipped topping into this mixture, and spread on top of cake.
- Chill in refrigerator until serving.