Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A delicious breakfast treat.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup pitted dates, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 large egg
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, orange rind and sugar in a large bowl, make a well in the center of mixture.
- Set aside.
- Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add orange sections and remaining ingredients.
- Process 30 seconds or until mixture is blended, but not smooth.
- Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Place paper baking cups in muffin pans. Spoon batter into paper cups.
- Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from pans immediately.