Food Processor Orange Date Muffins
photo by oilpatchjo
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup pitted dates, loosely separated
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 orange, unpeeled, cut into 8 pieces and seeded
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, chilled and cut into pieces
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Toss the dates with 1/2 cup of the all-purpose flour.
- In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, process the mixture until evenly chopped.
- Add the orange and process until finely chopped.
- Add the orange juice, eggs and butter and process until blended.
- Stir together the whole wheat flour, remaining all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the date mixture and process just until moistened but not overmixed.
- Spoon into large greased for paper-lined muffin cups, filling three-quarters full.
- Bake in a 400 degree F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until the tops are firm to the touch.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
They muffins were amazingly easy to make. I'm still getting used to my new to me food processor, so I enjoyed seeing what it could do. Since I was careless about filling the muffin tins and filled them too full, my muffins were not very beautiful. They still tasted very good, though. Thank you very much for sharing this recipe with us.
I really enjoyed making these muffins in my food processor went very smoothly and these muffins are very delicate in taste and texture the date and orange is not overwhelming at all. Made exactly according to directions yield was 6 small and 6 large muffins as in photos they could easily be iced with a cream cheese orange icing for a Sunday morning brunch or just a treat with Coffee or Tea. I will definitely make again these lovely muffins again Irmgard, thank you for posting.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live with my husband, four cats, and a sweet mutt named Jada in Scarborough, Ontario, where I work as an elementary school administrative assistant. I have a 31 year old daughter who lives with her boyfriend in nearby Don Mills, along with my sweet granddogs, Frankie and Turbo. I would have to say that my passion is animals, since I have so many of them! <br /><img src=http://images.quizilla.com/H/h0t5auce/1108834307_brown_answer.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/532663/cookswithcattitude.JPG alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r271/copperhorse58/CalendarGirlsSwap2009.jpg alt= /> <br /><br />If I had a month off work to do what I please, I would first catch up on my sleep and then just have fun - see a few movies and maybe take a couple of short trips - something that wouldn't break the bank - lol!</p>