Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
to me the best parts of thanksgiving are the condiments and side dishes! here's another good one from bon appetit
- 1 1⁄2 cups orange marmalade
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken in half
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- fresh grated nutmeg, to taste- (optional)
- mix marmalade, juice and cinnamon stick in a saucepan, bring to boil.
- add cranberries, return to boil.
- lower to simmer and cook until cranberries pop and thicken, about 8-10 minutes.
- add grated nutmeg, if desired, remove from heat, cool.
I am reviewing this again... I've made this 3 years in a row now for Thanksgiving and I go home with no leftovers each time. Everyone loves it! I buy a 12 oz (or regular size can) of mandarni oranges, set aside some of the good-looking pieces to garnish the top, and then I just mix the rest in with the sauce, it gives it a punch of color and a different taste when you bite into one. I then put it in a nice bowl and use the set aside pieces to garnish the top.
Thanks Chia, this was wonderful! I served this on Thanksgiving as the "cranberry sauce" in the recipe Glazed A-Corn Squash #76843. I added dried apricots-- SCRUMPTIOUS!
This is my kind of recipe....easy, quick and delicious! I made this as is and we loved it. The cinnamon stick is a nice touch and it smells wonderful while cooking. Thanks chia, we enjoyed this with our Thanksgiving meal!