Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from a Quick Cooking Magazine. The tender chicken, crunchy cashews, and sweet citrus sauce make it a fast, delicious meal.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 salted cashews
- hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken, carrots and celery in oil for 8-10 minutes or til joices run clear.
- Reduce heat.
- In a bowl, combine the cornstarch, ginger, orange juice, honey and soy sauce until well-blended.
- Stir into chicken mixture.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes, or until thickened.
- Stir in cashews.
- Serve over hot rice.
I don't know why this recipe calls for 2 whole tablespoons of cornstarch for 4 servings.... It was like eating gelatin!! The taste was good, but I'd suggest not wasting your cashews on this because their flavor was lost in the sweet orange citrus plus too much honey.
This was good and came out quickly!
Delicious! This turns out best with fresh squeezed orange juice and a little additional orange peel. I also like to triple the ginger, which brings out the flavor more.