- Grease 10-cup classic or fancy Bundt or tube pan; dust with flour. Set aside.
- In large bowl, beat butter with sugar until fluffy; beat in eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in orange rind and vanilla.
- In separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir into butter mixture alternately with sour cream, making 3 additions of dry ingredients and 2 of sour cream. Fold in carrots. Scrape into prepared pan; tap pan on counter and smooth top.
- Bake in centre of 325 F oven until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean, about 1 hour. Let cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan to rack; cool completely.
- Glaze: In small bowl, mix icing sugar with orange juice until smooth; brush over cake.