Recipe by Miss Annie
A great light and healthy breakfast! From The Brooks Street Inn Bed and Breakfast in Taos, New Mexico. Prep time includes 12 hours refrigeration time.
Top Review by Tricia Mendes
Had 44 ladies to my home for Pink Breakfast - this lovely, attractive pie was a big hit. Not complicated, very refreshing, and great to have it ready the night before and just have to bring it out of the refrigerator - very handy when your guests are arriving, all dressed in pink, at 7am! Will use this receipe again - thank you. We can't get egg substitute in this part of Australia, so I used 3 eggs in this recipe.
- 2 cups low fat cottage cheese
- 3⁄4 cup egg substitute (like Egg Beaters)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange extract
- orange slice, garnish
- 1 9-inch deep dish pie crust, thawed if using frozen shell
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In large bowl, beat cottage cheese on high speed with electric mixer for 1-1/2 minutes.
- Add eggs, sugar, flour, grated orange, orange juice, and orange extract; blend well.
- Pour into pie shell and bake for 50 minutes, or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Refrigerate overnight and serve chilled the next morning garnished with orange slices.