1/1 Photo of Orange Bread With Dates
1 hr 8 mins
Better than cake!! Light orange taste. I love this bread!! Great to give as gifts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1In large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- 2Add eggs; mix well.
- 3Combine flour, soda, and salt.
- 4Add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- 5Fold in walnuts, dates, and orange peel.
- 6Pour into 2 greased and floured 8 inch loaf pans.
- 7Bake at 350* for 60 minutes or until done.
- 8Combine glaze ingredients; spoon half over hot bread.
- 9Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans.
- 10Spoon remaining glaze over.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Bread With Dates
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.1
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 47.3 mg
- Sodium 227.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 26.6 g
- Protein 4.4 g