Recipe by PaulaG
This is a wonderful dish to serve with pork. The recipe comes from old digest, More Pasta Beans and Grains.
Top Review by threeovens
I just loved this salad. For me it disguised the spinach since I really only like it cooked. I thought it was a little orangy, so, I hate to admit this, I added a teeny teaspoon of bottled Italian dressing. That hit the spot for me.
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 cups cold cooked rice (I use brown rice.)
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves, losely packed and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried apricot
- 3 green onions, sliced
- pine nuts, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients for the dressing together and set aside.
- In large bowl add all the salad ingredients, except pine nuts.
- Pour dressing over rice mixture tossing to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
- Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts and serve.
- The cooking time does not include the time to prepare the rice, it is the refrigeration time needed for salad.