Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A delicious dessert!
- 4 ounces chopped drained orange sections
- 1 teaspoon orange zest, chopped
- 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 sheets puff pastry, squares 5 x 5 inches,2 oz. each
- 3 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons orange juice, fresh
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 8 orange rind twists, 2 x 1/8 inches
- 4 sprigs of fresh mint
- Combine orange segments, orange zest and chocolate chips.
- Hold refrigerated until ready to use.
- Drain off any juice before filling turnovers.
- Place one dough square on smooth surface or waxed paper.
- Brush right and bottom edges of square with water.
- Place 1 ½ oz.
- of orange and chocolate filling in center of each square.
- Fold over and press down on edges, crimping firmly.
- Place on baking sheet covered with parchment.
- Brush with 1 teaspoon orange juice and sprinkle with 1 tsp granulated sugar.
- Bake in a preheated 350º F oven for 25-30 minutes until dough is golden brown.
- Sprinkle serving plate with 1 tablespoon powdered sugar.
- Place warm turnover in center of plate.
- Garnish with 2 orange peel twists tied in knots, and 1 mint sprig.
- Serve immediately.