1/2 Photos of Orange Almond Cake (Gluten Free)
Chef #365550's Note:
I have tried many citrus cakes and finally found one that is awesome in texture and flavour. This is the most amazing, simple, foolproof cake. I have made it many, many times, and it has never failed. Sometimes I use lemons, or limes and weigh them to ensure they equal the orange volume/weights. I used it as a gluten free option at our daughter's wedding along with her wedding cake. ENJOY!!! Kiwi Trish
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring a pot of water to the boil, add the oranges, cover and simmer for one hour.
- 2Stain off the water. Cool the oranges. If you are in a hurry, I suggest you partly cool them -- (this will still work).
- 3While they are cooling, food process the sugar with the eggs until the sugar is dissolved and pour into a bowl.
- 4Cut the oranges in half and de-seed them and put the oranges (with peel and pith) into a food processor and pulp until reasonably smooth.
- 5Pour the pulp into the sugar/egg mix and add the almond meal. Gently mix together.
- 6Pour mix into baking paper lined 24 - 26cm springform tin and bake for 50 - 60 minutes at 185°C.
- 7Serve with creme fraiche, whipped cream, or vanilla ice-cream -- makes an awesome dessert. You could drizzle a little citrus liqueur around the plate.
- 8Added thoughts -- This cake DOES NOT need any syrup poured over it.
- 9NB.Simply double this recipe to get two large cakes. It is just as successful.
- 10Occasionally, I will add a slurp of Grand Marnier, Contreau, or Galliano; however, try it plain initially.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Almond Cake (Gluten Free)
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 359.0
- Calories from Fat 248
- Total Fat 27.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 111.6 mg
- Sodium 43.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 14.9 g