Pumpkin Yogurt Cake (Gluten Free)
photo by InnerHarmonyNutriti
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
1 7-inch cake
- 1⁄2 cup gluten free oats
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds or 1/2 cup almond meal
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar crystals (or other natural sugar)
- 10 oz/ 300 g cooked kabocha squash
- 5 5⁄8 oz/ 300 g plain Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons coconut sugar crystals (or other natural sugar)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Cut the kabocha squash in half and discard seeds. Cut them into large chunks and steam them until soft. Remove the skin.
- In the food processor, place oats and almond slices and process until they are ground. (If you are using almond meal, you only need to process oats.).
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
- In a bowl, place the ground oats, almonds (or almond meal), melted coconut oil and 2 Tbsp of sugar. Mix well and press it onto the bottom of a 7-inch springform pan.
- In the food processor or blender, place the cooked pumpkin flesh, yogurt, eggs, 4 Tbsp of sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg and process until it is well blended.
- Pour the mixture in the springform pan.
- Bake for 40 – 50 minutes. It might look a little too soft, but it will be set.
- Cool and refrigerate overnight or for several hours.
- Infuse love, slice and serve!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!