Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great taste, easy to make.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, pounded to 1/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices ham, thin
- 4 slices monterey jack cheese
- Beat eggs in shallow dish.
- Place bread crumbs in another shallow dish.
- Dip chicken in egg, then crumbs.
- Heat oil and butter in lg skillet.
- Brown chicken on both sides.
- Put chicken in baking pan.
- Pour tomatoes over chicken.
- Sprinkle with oregano and salt.
- Top chicken pieces with ham and then cheese.
- Bake at 375* for 15 minutes, or until tomato juice is bubbly.
This is a tasty and easy entree to prepare. I didn't have any canned tomatoes, so I diced a fresh tomato and it worked great. The dish is great with a fresh spinach salad and some fresh fruit. My husband and I will be eating this for many years to come.