Recipe by Steve P.
This was submitted for a request for Onion Rings with Corn Flake Coating.
Top Review by LoveToCook
These were nice and cruchy I had no problem getting the crumbs to stick. I didn't beat the egg quite so much though. I just whipped them reall well with a fork. I added a bit of adobo seaoning which I thought gave it a nice flavor twist.
- 2 large sweet onions, peeled and cored
- 7 ounces corn flakes, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt or 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- 4 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each onion into 4 thick slices.
- Separate slices into rings reserving small rings for other uses.
- Combine cereal, salt, sugar, and paprika.
- Divide coating mixture into two small bowls.
- Beat eggs until soft peaks have formed.
- Dip half of onion rings into beaten eggs and then dredge in crumb mixture.
- Place in a single layer on oiled baking sheet.
- Repeat procedure with remaining onion rings and second bowl of crumb mixture.
- Bake at 375ºF for 15 minutes until crisp.
- Serve warm.