Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This was submitted for a request for Onion Rings with Corn Flake Coating.
- 2 large sweet onions, peeled and cored
- 7 ounces corn flakes, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt or 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- 4 eggs
- Cut each onion into 4 thick slices.
- Separate slices into rings reserving small rings for other uses.
- Combine cereal, salt, sugar, and paprika.
- Divide coating mixture into two small bowls.
- Beat eggs until soft peaks have formed.
- Dip half of onion rings into beaten eggs and then dredge in crumb mixture.
- Place in a single layer on oiled baking sheet.
- Repeat procedure with remaining onion rings and second bowl of crumb mixture.
- Bake at 375ºF for 15 minutes until crisp.
- Serve warm.
These were nice and cruchy I had no problem getting the crumbs to stick. I didn't beat the egg quite so much though. I just whipped them reall well with a fork. I added a bit of adobo seaoning which I thought gave it a nice flavor twist.
I tried this recipe lastnight and although it sounded good, I could not get the cornflake crumbs to stick to the onions. After I tried dipping them in egg and had no success I tried milk and still couldnt get them to stick. Wasnt a success at all.