Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A packet of onion soup mix turns potatoes into a de-lush-ious dish.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine (I like Land-O-Lakes)
- 1 (2 ounce) packet Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 7 potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into chunks or thick rings
- 3 -5 stalks celery (optional)
- 3 -5 carrots (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large stone baking dish (or of your preference as long as it is at least 9x13 and deep enough to accommodate the ingredients); melt the stick of margarine in the oven.
- When the margarine is melted, or extrememly soft, toss in the rest of the ingredients.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 30 minutes.
- Take the dish out, carefully remove the foil (be mindful of the steam,) and stir the vegetables.
- Place in the oven (without the foil, this time) and bake for an additional 30 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.
Yummy dish! I loved the carrots and celery in this. Thanks Harley Princess!
I really liked these, easy to make but I used butter instead of margarine and I did carrot and parsnip but didn't use celery. Will make again as it is so simple.
Very tasty. I used a packet of "Maggi Onion Soup" mix which is my favourite. Easy to make and will make again. Thanks for posting.