My family looovess these rice balls and they are often requested at get togethers. A simple recipe. It can be served as an entree with the salmon or the salmon can be left out. Make sure to wet your hands in water so the rice does not stick to your hands.
- Sprinkle salmon with salt and let sit for 30 minute.
- Grill or fry the salmon until the edges are a little bit burned.
- When cool, flake salmon into small pieces and set aside.
- Cut nori into 8 equally sized, rectangular strips.
- Put warm rice in a bowl and combine with salmon and sesame seeds.
- Put a pinch of salt on your hands and take a 1/2 cup ball of rice.
- Form the rice into either a round or triangular shape br pressing lightly with both of your palms.
- Wrap a strip of nori around each rice ball.