Sesame Rice Balls
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From the food coach, a great little snack. Low GI, wheat, gluten and dairy free. These are great for packing in bento or lunchboxes. From the food coach
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 cup short grain brown rice
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup shallot, finely diced
- 30 g sesame seeds, toasted
- umeboshi plum paste (optional)
- 1 teaspoon roasted dark sesame oil
- 2 sheets nori fresh seaweed, cut into strips 1 . 5 cm thick
- Place the rice in a pan with 2 ½ cups of cold water and a pinch sea salt.
- Bring to the boil and reduce to simmer for 30 - 35 minutes until cooked.
- n a food processor grind half the cooked rice until it becomes sticky and glues together.
- Add ground rice to a bowl with the remaining rice, vegetables and sesame seeds.
- Using your hands take a small amount of the rice and veggie mix and make a ball the size of a 50 cent piece.
- Push index finger through to centre and place a blob of umeboshi if using and close up the ball. Sushi ginger also works well too.
- Continue this process until all the rice mix has been used.
- Roll each ball in the sesame seed and wind a strip of damp nori around each ball.
- Brush each ball with sesame oil.
- Place the balls on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 160C.
- Serve with a dipping sauce of tamari.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION