Prep 3 mins
Cook 2 mins
A super easy savory dip. Can be made ahead up to 24 hours.
- 1 (19 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, quartered
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup roasted red pepper, strips
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, snipped
- kosher salt
- assorted crackers or toasted baguette, slices or pita chips
- In a food processor combine all ingredients. Cover and process until almost smooth. Transfer to serving bowl. Cover and let stand at room temperature until ready to serve(up to 2 hours). Or cover and chill up to 24 hours. Let stand at room temperature about 1 hour before serving.
- To serve, sprinkle lighlty with additional salt. Top with roasted red pepper strips and basil. Serve with crackers, baguette slices, or pita chips.
Simple, satisfying and scrumptious. Thank you.
This was good! I did follow other reviewers and pureed the basil into it, and left a third of the artichokes more chunky.
I found this recipe in the December 2005 Better Homes & Gardens magazine, and was just about to post this myself! I've made this many times and it is just delightful!