Perfect for those evenings that you're home, hungry, and in the mood to eat, but not cook. This is a great 'first meal' to teach your kids or spouse. Choose either Italian or Mexican.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb Italian sausage or 1 lb chorizo sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large sweet pepper, chopped
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chopped stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 8 ounces uncooked pasta (rigatoni, spirals or small shells)
- 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms (if making italian)
- 8 ounces canned chilies or 8 ounces frozen chilies (if making mexican)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup grated cheese (parmesan for italian, monterrey jack for mexican)
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives (italian)
- 1 chopped jalapeno (mexican)
- 1Brown the meat, onion, garlic, and sweet pepper.
- 2Add either the mushrooms or the jalepeno.
- 3Saute until the onions are translucent.
- 4Drain off fat.
- 5Add all of the remaining ingredients except cheese.
- 6Cover tightly.
- 7Bring to a boil.
- 9Reduce heat to low and uncover.
- 10Simmer, uncovered, 25-30 mintues or until the pasta is tender.
- 11Stir occasionally, and add a little water if necessary.
- 12Serve with the cheese on the side, let everyone sprinkle their own.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for One Pot Pasta - Italian or Mexican
Serving Size: 1 (814 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 710.4
- Calories from Fat 248
- Total Fat 27.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 95.1 mg
- Sodium 1319.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 20.7 g
- Protein 40.8 g