Tomato Basil Pork Chops
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
These Italian style pork chops are moist, tender, and delicious. Serve with a tossed salad and garlic bread for an impressive dinner that you're sure to enjoy!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 8 pork chops, 1/2 inch thick
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- In large skillet or Dutch oven, melt butter.
- Add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Brown pork chops on both sides, then add tomatoes, basil, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and cook over low-medium heat until pork chops are cooked through and tender (about 50 minutes).
- Remove pork chops from pan and keep warm.
- In small bowl, combine water and cornstarch, then pour into hot cooking liquid.
- Add onions and green peppers, cooking over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes, or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Place pork chops on serving platter or dinner plates and pour sauce over the top, garnishing with fresh basil if desired, and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 5 more