Fried Breaded Brussels Sprouts
photo by 2Bleu
- Ready In:
- 4 cups cooked Brussels sprouts
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup cheese
- Mix Italian seasoning into bread crumbs.
- Dip Brussels sprouts into egg and roll into crumb mixture and fry in hot deep fat fryer (380 degrees) until brown.
- Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We totally agree with Anme's review. Naughty Naughty! Sure, it takes the healthy out of the veggies, but they didn't take long at all to deep fry, so they were not oily at all. In fact, we felt they would benefit even better with some sort of butter or hollendaise type dipping sauce. But really great unique little poppers. Our cheese of choice was grated Parmesan.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Married mother of twins. I very seldom ever use recipes as they are written, always modifying and adjusting them. Many times I will take three or four different recipes and come up with a new recipe based on those. <img src="http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/Saturn6666/KiwiDutch/3chefstag1.jpg">