1/1 Photo of One Loaf White Bread
1 hr 50 mins
Tasty white bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the margarine, sugar, and salt into the warm water.
- 2Stir in 1 tablespoon flour and the yeast.
- 3Wait 5 minutes; if yeast does not bubble buy new yeast.
- 4Put flour in a large bowl; stir in yeast mix.
- 5Stir thoroughly; turn onto a floured board and knead.
- 6Knead in as much of the flour as possible to make a satiny dough; if dough is sticky add more flour a tablespoon at a time.
- 7Put dough in a greased bowl and turn to coat.
- 8Cover with a clean damp towel and let rise til double.
- 9Punch down; shape into loaf and put in greased loaf pan.
- 10Let rise.
- 11Bake at 375 for 50 minutes or until bottom sounds hollow when thumped.
- 12Can also be shaped into 12 dinner rolls or 8 hamburger buns.
- 13Bake for less time if using these shapes.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for One Loaf White Bread
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 151.2
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 169.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 3.8 g